1. We will be taking part in a baptism service for Ann Browning on Wednesday, December 19, 2012. She is a member of Jefferson Presbyterian Church outside of Canaan, and she has expressed interest in believer’s baptism. We have met with her and are confident in her profession of faith. Pastor Chris will be standing in for her pastor due to his health problems. You will not want to miss this great time of fellowship, and take the opportunity to encourage Ann in her walk with the Lord.
2. Remember the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. We will be collecting the Christmas offering officially on December 23 in the morning service. This is our once a year International Mission Board offering. You do not want to miss out on this blessing of giving to our great missionaries. We have almost 5,000 missionaries spread throughout the world doing a great and kingdom focused work. Plan to give your offering on December 23 or if you will not be with us that morning, then feel free to turn it in throughout the month of December or early in January. We look forward to seeing what God is going to do with the money we give. Thanks again for your generosity.
3. We will be hosting our annual Candlelight Service on Sunday night, December 23, 2012 at 6 pm. We will start with fellowship around some snack foods in the fellowship hall (so bring your favorite snack food or finger food). At 7 pm, we will go to the sanctuary and join together around some Christmas Carols and enjoy the singing and reading of the Christmas story. Take this time to prepare your heart and mind for the true meaning of Christmas. Remember Jesus is the reason for this season, and it is his glorious birth we are celebrating. Come join us for this special time of fellowship.
4. Brushy Fork Baptist Church post office is open for business. Remember to pick up your Christmas cards in the fellowship hall. Feel free to take advantage of this free service in sending Christmas cards to church members. We hope you enjoy the encouragement and community this season brings.
5. Mark your calendars and your mental notes. We will NOT have Wednesday evening service on December 26. Take the time to enjoy this evening with your family and loved ones. We look forward to seeing you the following Sunday morning and Wednesday Night.
6. Remember no Sunday evening services until March 3. We will resume our normal Sunday evening services starting March 3.