- Nursing Home Visitation Ministry at The Waters of Clifty in Madison is today. Meet at nursing home at 2:30 or if you want to carpool in the church parking lot at 1:45 pm.
- KidStrong tonight at 6. Amy is the helper tonight.
- CARE Work Day – We will finish up our outside painting tasks Monday starting at 10 am. Hope to see you there and wear old clothes.
- Carpet Cleaning Monday mid morning in the Fellowship Hall and back hallway. Just be mindful if you come by the church that the carpet will be drying.
- Wednesday Night Bible Study – Job’s Prayer of Repentance as we continue in our study on prayer.
- Trunk or Treat will be Saturday, October 31, at 2 to 4 pm. If you would like to bring your car you can sign up online or at the church office. If you want to donate candy then please drop it off at the collection buckets at the entry doors.
- Operation Christmas Child Shoe Boxes are due November 1 (this coming Sunday). Please bring your shoe boxes and place them on the donation table. Do not forget your shipping donation in the provided envelope from Operation Christmas Child.
- Come join us for Sunday School at 9:30 next Sunday.
Announcements for this week:
1. Vacation Bible School starts today at 6 PM. Invite a youngster from 3yrs to completed 6th grade. We ask that all workers please arrive at 5:30 tonight to help register the kids. You can also preregister online using our Preregistration Form just click the link.
2. No Wednesday Night Bible Study this week due to VBS. Pray for the workers and children attending VBS.
3. Please be praying for Chris, Tammy, Hope, Elizabeth, Courtney, and Andrew as they prepare to go to youth camp July 14 in Panama City Beach, Florida.
4. We will not have KidStrong this June and July due to camps, vacations, holidays, and various other scheduling interferences. The evenings we would have it are greatly outnumbered by the evenings we would be canceling. Therefore, for ease of remembering we will not have KidStrong for the next two months. We plan to start back up in August.
5. Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser will be June 20th from 7:30 – 10:00 am. The proceeds from the breakfast will go to Mike McCarty.
6. The church bylaws committee will be meeting June 24 at 6 PM.
1. Please turn in your prayer requests on the green CARE Cards.
2. CARE Team – E will meet this Monday, September 23, at 6:00 PM. We could use your help on this team.
3. Friend Day, September 29, please invite your friends and family to this service. Remember we will have a pitch-in fellowship following the morning service.
4. We are starting to get prepared for Trunk or Treat on October 26. Last year we had 100+ people come through for Trunk or Treat. Look for the two donation bins for candy donations. We need 15+ cars to volunteer for this exciting day.
5. Our nursing home visitation team got awarded the volunteer church of the year by the residents at The Waters in Madison. We are thankful we can be a blessing to these dear people.
6. The Good News Club at the Canaan Community Academy is looking for more volunteers to sit and guide some students. If you would like to get involved with this great ministry see pastor Chris.
1. Stitching and Sharing will meet April 2 at 1:00 PM.
2. Stitching and Sharing is having a silent auction next month. Items are in the fellowship hall and on the website.
3. Wednesday Night will be April’s business meeting.
4. We are taking bids for mowing cemetery. All bids need to be in by April business meeting.
5. If you missed the Annie Armstrong offering collection today, it is not too late. Just turn in your offering in an offering envelope and we will get it to NAMB.
6. Long Run Association’s Men’s Brotherhood Association will have their annual Turkey Shoot at the Switzerland County Sportsman’s Club April 6 @ 8:00 AM.
7. Pancake Breakfast fundraiser April 20th from 7:30-10:00 AM will be for Camille Evans a 3 month old with leukemia from Versailles.
8. Revival May 5th-8th Ricky Persons speaking and Don Miller providing the music. Brother Ricky is from Bethel Baptist Church in North Vernon, Indiana and Don Miller is from Louisville, Kentucky and was with us last year.
Due to the snow and primarily the ice build up in our parking lot we have decided to cancel our regular Sunday services for Sunday February 3, 2013. We hope that you can stay safe and warm during this time of winter weather. Please come see us next week as we will have our Lord’s Supper Service and regular services.
Brushy Fork Baptist Church
1. A – Team CARE night is Monday, January 14 @ 7 PM. If you would like to get involved with the CARE Ministry then we encourage you to come out and join us this evening and see what CARE is all about.
2. Schedule for Roy Darnold’s Visitation and Funeral: The Visitation times are Monday, January 14, from 4-8 PM at Morgan and Nay Funeral Home in Madison. Another short visitation will be from 10-11 AM Tuesday, January 15. The Funeral will follow at 11:00 AM at Morgan and Nay in Madison. Remember the Darnold family in your prayers.
3. Monthly cleaning sign-up sheet is in the vestibule on the bulletin board. You will want to sign up for a month to help us keep our church clean.
4. If you would like to contact Donna Heimann by phone or with a card then you can contact the office and we can get you her contact information. Remember Donna in your prayers as she recovers from her leg surgery.
1. CARE Team A will meet on January 14 at 7:00 pm. If you are interested in getting involved with our CARE Teams or if you want more information about our CARE Teams please message us using the contact form on the home page (it is at the bottom of the page next to the twitter box).
2. Donations are still needed for the nursing home birthday bags. Please give your donations to Ingrid or Vonda so they can pick up the necessary items at the store.
3. Monthly cleanup sheet is in the vestibule of the church. If you would like to volunteer to clean the church for a month you can sign up in the vestibule.
4. Church Council meeting is January 8 at 7:00 pm. We will be scheduling the church calendar for January through April at this meeting. We invite you to come and be involved. If you cannot get here feel free to contact us through the contact form on the bottom of the home page or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Thank you for coming out to our Candlelight Service. We had a great evening of fellowship and worship as we prepare for Christmas this week.
2. No Service this Wednesday evening. Take the time to spend with you family and enjoy this holiday season. We will see you back on January 2, 2013.
3. If you would like to support the nursing home ministry. We need some donations for the birthday present supplies. The easiest way to to get involved is to make a cash donation to Ingrid or Vonda who will pick up the supplies that are needed. If you have questions feel free to contact us. These donations will go to personal items that we give as birthday presents each month to the residents at the Madison nursing home.
4. The Lottie Moon Christmas offering was collected Sunday, but if you missed it you can still make your donation. Pick up a Lottie Moon offering envelope and place your donation in it, then turn it in and we will include your donation with the annual Lottie Moon Christmas offering. Thank you to all that have already given and will give in the future. We expectantly await what God is going to be doing with these donations.
5. If you need to contact us you can do so through the contact form on the home page.
1. We will be taking part in a baptism service for Ann Browning on Wednesday, December 19, 2012. She is a member of Jefferson Presbyterian Church outside of Canaan, and she has expressed interest in believer’s baptism. We have met with her and are confident in her profession of faith. Pastor Chris will be standing in for her pastor due to his health problems. You will not want to miss this great time of fellowship, and take the opportunity to encourage Ann in her walk with the Lord.
2. Remember the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. We will be collecting the Christmas offering officially on December 23 in the morning service. This is our once a year International Mission Board offering. You do not want to miss out on this blessing of giving to our great missionaries. We have almost 5,000 missionaries spread throughout the world doing a great and kingdom focused work. Plan to give your offering on December 23 or if you will not be with us that morning, then feel free to turn it in throughout the month of December or early in January. We look forward to seeing what God is going to do with the money we give. Thanks again for your generosity.
3. We will be hosting our annual Candlelight Service on Sunday night, December 23, 2012 at 6 pm. We will start with fellowship around some snack foods in the fellowship hall (so bring your favorite snack food or finger food). At 7 pm, we will go to the sanctuary and join together around some Christmas Carols and enjoy the singing and reading of the Christmas story. Take this time to prepare your heart and mind for the true meaning of Christmas. Remember Jesus is the reason for this season, and it is his glorious birth we are celebrating. Come join us for this special time of fellowship.
4. Brushy Fork Baptist Church post office is open for business. Remember to pick up your Christmas cards in the fellowship hall. Feel free to take advantage of this free service in sending Christmas cards to church members. We hope you enjoy the encouragement and community this season brings.
5. Mark your calendars and your mental notes. We will NOT have Wednesday evening service on December 26. Take the time to enjoy this evening with your family and loved ones. We look forward to seeing you the following Sunday morning and Wednesday Night.
6. Remember no Sunday evening services until March 3. We will resume our normal Sunday evening services starting March 3.
Brushy Fork Baptist Church is excited to be taking part in “Spiritual Disciplines for Real People” held at Calvary Baptist Church in Madison, Indiana. This conference is free, and if you need a ride make sure to let our pastor know. You can either call our office (812) 839-3430 or contact us via our e-mail contact form on the home page. The schedule is as follows
April 20 – Praying Through Scripture
6:30 pm – Session 1
7:45 pm – Session 2
(ending approximately 8:30 pm)
April 21 – Meditating on Scripture
8:45 am – Session 3
10:00 am – Session 4
(ending approximately 11:30 am)
Childcare will be priveded for children from birth – 5th grade.