1. Thank you for coming out to our Candlelight Service. We had a great evening of fellowship and worship as we prepare for Christmas this week.
2. No Service this Wednesday evening. Take the time to spend with you family and enjoy this holiday season. We will see you back on January 2, 2013.
3. If you would like to support the nursing home ministry. We need some donations for the birthday present supplies. The easiest way to to get involved is to make a cash donation to Ingrid or Vonda who will pick up the supplies that are needed. If you have questions feel free to contact us. These donations will go to personal items that we give as birthday presents each month to the residents at the Madison nursing home.
4. The Lottie Moon Christmas offering was collected Sunday, but if you missed it you can still make your donation. Pick up a Lottie Moon offering envelope and place your donation in it, then turn it in and we will include your donation with the annual Lottie Moon Christmas offering. Thank you to all that have already given and will give in the future. We expectantly await what God is going to be doing with these donations.
5. If you need to contact us you can do so through the contact form on the home page.
1. We will be taking part in a baptism service for Ann Browning on Wednesday, December 19, 2012. She is a member of Jefferson Presbyterian Church outside of Canaan, and she has expressed interest in believer’s baptism. We have met with her and are confident in her profession of faith. Pastor Chris will be standing in for her pastor due to his health problems. You will not want to miss this great time of fellowship, and take the opportunity to encourage Ann in her walk with the Lord.
2. Remember the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. We will be collecting the Christmas offering officially on December 23 in the morning service. This is our once a year International Mission Board offering. You do not want to miss out on this blessing of giving to our great missionaries. We have almost 5,000 missionaries spread throughout the world doing a great and kingdom focused work. Plan to give your offering on December 23 or if you will not be with us that morning, then feel free to turn it in throughout the month of December or early in January. We look forward to seeing what God is going to do with the money we give. Thanks again for your generosity.
3. We will be hosting our annual Candlelight Service on Sunday night, December 23, 2012 at 6 pm. We will start with fellowship around some snack foods in the fellowship hall (so bring your favorite snack food or finger food). At 7 pm, we will go to the sanctuary and join together around some Christmas Carols and enjoy the singing and reading of the Christmas story. Take this time to prepare your heart and mind for the true meaning of Christmas. Remember Jesus is the reason for this season, and it is his glorious birth we are celebrating. Come join us for this special time of fellowship.
4. Brushy Fork Baptist Church post office is open for business. Remember to pick up your Christmas cards in the fellowship hall. Feel free to take advantage of this free service in sending Christmas cards to church members. We hope you enjoy the encouragement and community this season brings.
5. Mark your calendars and your mental notes. We will NOT have Wednesday evening service on December 26. Take the time to enjoy this evening with your family and loved ones. We look forward to seeing you the following Sunday morning and Wednesday Night.
6. Remember no Sunday evening services until March 3. We will resume our normal Sunday evening services starting March 3.
Brushy Fork Baptist Church is excited to be taking part in “Spiritual Disciplines for Real People” held at Calvary Baptist Church in Madison, Indiana. This conference is free, and if you need a ride make sure to let our pastor know. You can either call our office (812) 839-3430 or contact us via our e-mail contact form on the home page. The schedule is as follows
April 20 – Praying Through Scripture
6:30 pm – Session 1
7:45 pm – Session 2
(ending approximately 8:30 pm)
April 21 – Meditating on Scripture
8:45 am – Session 3
10:00 am – Session 4
(ending approximately 11:30 am)
Childcare will be priveded for children from birth – 5th grade.